Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mis Amigos

I had an awesome experience today with my two best friends, Abe and Ben, who are reporting to the MTC the same day as me, July 29th. Like a week ago we were asked by a member of our stake presidency to speak at the stake general priesthood session. We were also asked to pick a song to sing for a special musical number type thing.
Today was the session and it was super powerful. The three of us were asked to just kinda bear our testimonies on "how we knew the gospel was true". Abe and Ben both bore awesome testimonies with such boldness and sincerity, it was truly an honor to add my testimony to those of such rock solid guys. I love them so much.
After that we sang "I know that my Redeemer Lives". It was awesome, we all sang a verse and then sang a friggin sweet harmony on the chorus. I thought it was really cool because singing the verses in solos was kinda like our own individual testimonies, then we came together in the chorus and it was like, "WITH OUR TESTIMONIES COMBINED, WE ARE!!!...." not captain planet...maybe captain Moroni?... no. Anyway, it was sweet.
I just wanna let Abe and Ben know how much they mean to me and how their examples have really influenced who I want to be and what I know I can become. I'm so grateful to be preparing to serve with such awesome guys.

4 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could have been there to hear the song and your testimonies! It really is rare to have such strong, great young men all at the same time in a ward. I am so grateful that you have been blessed with these young men as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Careful man! You may be translated!

    Your awesome! I'm so glad we named Krew after you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, you crack me up! I'm glad you all had the opportunity to do that, especially together. I wish we could have been there to see/hear it! I love that song btw, really beautiful and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! now let's see a new one! maybe you should tell everyone about the BEAR THAT ATTACKED YOU!!

    ReplyDelete